[Foundation-l] Fundraising update

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 00:25:58 UTC 2006

On 12/17/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> It'd be nice if we implemented something so that on each project, it would
> check if the user is from the US or from a country where they have a branch
> that can do tax deductability, and then put a link to tax deductability info
> if they can get tax deducs.

Nope. Where you are at the time you donate does not say where you are
getting your tax deductibility. I've just received two requests for a
French (as in France based) tax-deductibility form from donors living
in Finland and the UK, among others.

So, agreed with Brad, the link should stay, even for other languages.
There might be travellers to Hungary learning Hungarian who are US
tax-payers ;-)

Cheers,

Delphine
--