[Foundation-l] Translations fundraising.wikimedia.org

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:34:28 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> Aphaia wrote:
>
> The existing Swedish translation, made by two anonymous editors,
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_C.O.R.E./sv
> has at least two obvious spelling errors (that any spellchecker
> would reveal) and several phrases that just sound stupid.

I met a similar case on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_C.O.R.E./ja; an anon
created it and tried to help translating (considering on a good faith)
but apparently it was beyond his or her competence - translated three
Japanese phrases' n words were just stupid. Machine translation or
not. I have no idea.Only I can say it is too absurd for us to go it
online. Personally I believe in that things which happened twice would
be repeated unless some element changes drastically.

For C.O.R.E responsibile people, I recommend you to examine each
versions' history carefully and careful if all edits are submitted by
anon. No unproofread version would be welcome unless we are going to
take a risk to look as fools and  illiterate folks to make the CORE
multilingual.

Cheers,
--
KIZU Naoko