[Foundation-l] when uploading pictures to commons ....

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Mon Dec 18 13:13:34 UTC 2006

That is not the point.

IS there nobody here who understands that we make this project for all
the people out there! Not to satisfy our own geekly lust to pursue the
latest fashion in computerelectronics and programming.

*It is not about me being able to view this or not*. It is about the
many many people out there who do not have the latest gear installed on
their computer, nor will they install the latest gear on their
computers. But it seems that plea is falling on deaf (wo)mens ears here.
And it seems with these kind of answers to me that we are just making
this project for the computersavvy 1% of this world population.

Do we really need to be the trendsetter like with .svg?????? And with
that exclude the majority of the internetters, including those in the
countries that we say we set out to help in the first place? Or should
we follow the herd so we can have a product that the fast majority of
the people can use? I thought the wikimediaprojects were about the last
one. We should not be the trendsetters in these areas. Because that
means nobody can use it.

You are talking about being better supported in a couple of years
Briana. Ask yourself the question do you want people to be able to use
this graphics *NOW *or in a couple of years?

Also putting warnings up is strange. Why put them up. Like I said in my
initial mail. These graphics are *USELESS *when viewed as a thumbnail.
They might just as well not be there.

Waerth