[Foundation-l] when uploading pictures to commons ....

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 11:31:24 UTC 2006

On 12/18/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know it sounds tempting, but the "Crash my computer" button on Commons
> will just have to not be clicked. :)
>
> In other words, if you know an image is large, as in very very large, don't
> click on the full-size version link.

Size is not a problem: the png version is about 4000x4000 and I can
view it fine with an Athlon 900Mhz with 2gb of ram, while I gave up on
the .svg after two minutes at 100% cpu. Seems rather a problem with
Firefox's svg handling.

> Where is the image description page for this map, by the way?

It's here:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:India_roadway_map.svg

Alfio