[Foundation-l] Mozart's works released

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 15:45:32 UTC 2006

Pat Gunn wrote:
> In case anybody missed it,
> Mozart's complete works were recently published on the
> internet by the (Austria-based) International Mozart Foundation.
> http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-12-11T185118Z_01_L11804081_RTRUKOC_0_US-ARTS-MUSIC-MOZART.xml
>
> I'm not sure what license it's under. If it's a free one
> (or PD-equivalent), then it's similar in a sense to several
> ideas raised in Jimbo's idea drive sometime back.

I think it would be a good use of the million bucks that was being
thrown around to FREE this and other archives of
out-of-copyright-held-hostage works; one the one hand, these people
deserve recognition and reward for making this available, but on the
other they put these illegal and immoral usage restrictions on it.