[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation's help to the projects

Nojhan nojhan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 08:01:30 UTC 2006

Le Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:54:11 +0100, Anthere a écrit:
>  > 1. Legal counselling.
>  >
>  > Some projects (mainly Commons and Wikisource) need more input about
>  > copyright issues from knowledgeable persons. I have asked twice to
>  > juriwiki-l specific issues for Wikisource without receiving an answer,
>  > even an acknowledgement that my request was received. Another concrete
>  > example: Commons and Wikisource would benefit most from a cross table
>  > about copyright rules, which countries use "most favourable rule apply",
>  > etc.
>
> For various reasons, which are controversial, some consider the
> Foundation should not give such advice. As such, your requests will
> probably not meet answers.

This is annoying, explaining clearly the main legal issues would benefit to
the project.

For example, we have several peoples involved in negociations
for importing digitized documents into WikiSource or Commons. Those
peoples are often asking for advices on how to convince entitled to allow
such a distribution...

I can understand that the fundation does not wish to take an active part
in such negociations, but advices should be an acceptable way to help
contributors, imho.

--
Nojhan