[Foundation-l] Welcome to our three new board members

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 8 20:11:00 UTC 2006

On 12/8/06, Sean Whitton <sean at silentflame.com> wrote:
> You make some strong arguments, but when you say the 'majority of the
> board' coming from the community, how many is this? Additionally, how
> many of these are elected and how many are selected, so to speak?

Anthere and I were directly elected. Kat and Oscar received the second
and the third most votes in the recent election, but the election was
formally only for one member to replace Angela. We decided that rather
than having an immediate new election, it would be best to recognize
those two individuals as Board members. Their terms, like mine, will
expire in July 2007.

--
Peace & Love,
Erik

Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or opinions expressed
in this message are solely my own and do not represent an official
position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of Trustees.