[Foundation-l] Welcome to our three new board members

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 17:56:18 UTC 2006

Aphaia wrote:
> On 12/8/06, florencedevouard <anthere at anthere.org> wrote:
>
>>Dear Community,
>>
>>A few days ago, I wrote you a "short" email to give you feedback on the last board meeting, which occured in Florida. Reference: http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2006-December/011869.html
>>
>>As I promised, we welcome today 2 new board members, whom most of you already know, Mindspillage and Oscar (also known irl as Kat Walsh (us citizen, lady), Oscar van Dillen (dutch citizen, gentleman). Welcome to you both.
>

> I would like to know it before ... as we were informed about Patrick
> Brad as coming interim ED. Well, Promotion subcom will be working to
> update [[Wikimedia:Board of Trustees]] properly? Or new borad members
> would like to edit it directly for now? Or it will appear after
> December 15?

Kat and Oscar became board members today at 00 UTC (or UTC+1, unclear).
Jan-Bart will be on the 15th, but given that people are likely to wonder
about him, it may be best to start working on his bio as soon as possible.
I presume all three will be happy to help provide bio. Jan-Bart does not
have yet an account (did not at least 4 hours ago) so should get one.
Meanwhile, the meta bio can be used.

> I put a brief note on the Home. Copyediting will be appreciated.
>
> Well, and I would like the Board to give us priorities for
> translators, since around December 15, we have several things need to
> manage including:
> - Information about new board
> - Fundraising
> - Audited (and huge) ducuments, perhaps need a PDF editor
> - Disclaimer (translation ongoing)

Start with disclaimer

Fundraising pitch is ready. Translation can start. However, I need to
add the links. Will do tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll keep you
informed on that.

Continue with information about new board.

As soon as more fundraising data is produced, fundraising becomes top
priority.

Audited doc to do later. It is long, so it will take time. No need
exhausting ourselves.

> If we have a sorted list on the items above, I will be more than happy
> and expect we translators can work the most effectively ... when we
> are back (now 2:02 am, I go to bed now ......)
>
> n8,

Good night :-)

ant