[Foundation-l] Welcome to our three new board members

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 8 15:36:17 UTC 2006

florencedevouard wrote:
> Tim Shell has chosen to resign from the board, effective 15th of
> december. At this date, he will be replaced by Jan-Bart de Vreede.

Out with one financial supporter of the Foundation and in with another. It
seems my calls for democratic selection of Board members fell on deaf ears.

I have nothing against Jan-Bart personally, just as I had nothing against
Tim Shell. No doubt there were other factors that went into his selection
besides his role in the Kennisnet hosting arrangement. But I have trouble
believing that he would have been selected without it. I oppose his Board
membership on principle, just as I continue to oppose that of Michael Davis.

-- Tim Starling