[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

rfrangi at libero.it rfrangi at libero.it
Tue Dec 5 16:50:46 UTC 2006

> Your request to the Mediation-en-l mailing list
>
>     Subscription request
>
> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> following reason for rejecting your request:
>
> "[No reason given]"
>

> As you can see not all mailing lists are open.
>
> Darko

Well, probably the WMF board has it's own closed mailing-list, as well as OTRS. But to be more precise, I'm not referring to mailing-lists set up for technical purposes, but to mailing-lists open to discussion for specific groups (like "pepole coming from Omicron Persei VII").

If WMF allow this there are 2 choices:
1. allow any request for mailing-lists (like the one for "pepole coming from Omicron Persei IX")

2. decide for every single request. This means set up a commitee that decides who can have a mailing-list and who can't, with all the subsequent discussions because some requests will be dismissed.

Especially in the second case, the WMF will discriminate on race, sex, religion, etc.

Roberto (Snowdog)