[Foundation-l] [Wikichix-l] Moderating an open list

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 14:13:43 UTC 2006

2006/12/5, Puppy <puppy at killerchihuahua.com>:

> Had they all been actually discussing how to address gender bias in what
> they felt were more constructive ways, I would be more inclined to agree
> with you.

The thread wasn't  about  gender bias in general, it was about the creation
of the list. Feel free to start a thread about gender bias in general, but
don't expect it to be discussed in general in reaction to a solution that
ain't a solution at all.

As the examples given did not do so, but instead *invalidated*
> the problem itself, and you are enforcing the perception of the women
> who feel this list is necessary in order to /discuss/ bias rather than
> /prove to a man's satisfaction that they feel discriminated against/, I
> cannot possibly support your assertion.

Again, specific solutions are something different than general problems.

That said, I am still firmly on
> the fence about this issue. I am not, however, dismissing it out-of-hand
> because men don't see that it might help, or that there is a problem to
> be addressed.

So why are you dismissing it? I think "it doesn't help" is the best ground
for dismissal I can think of.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels