[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Oldak Quill oldakquill at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 10:26:57 UTC 2006

On 05/12/06, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
> You are absolutely right that what is damaging to the community should
> not be allowed. What you fail to do is show why and how the community is
> damaged. It is far easier to show how our community will be strengthened
> by the Wikichicks. Assumptions are the mother of all fuck-ups.

I feel that any venture which discriminates against contributors based
upon gender is detrimental to Wikimedia. I don't believe women and men
are fundamentally different but I do accept that more women may demand
a greater level of politeness and emotional awareness. There are men
who demand the same.

Exclusion based upon aspects of the contributor that largely don't
come into their practice as a contributor (gender, race, religion,
sexuality, nationality, &c.) is not good because under each category
of these aspects comes great variance.

--
Oldak Quill (oldakquill at gmail.com)