[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Tue Dec 5 10:15:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

Gatto Nero a écrit :
> 2006/12/5, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:
>
>>Hoi,
>>Women have, like men, the ability to contribute. The way they contribute
>>is not necessarily the same. When you read the motivation for the
>>mailing list, you would have read that there is a group of women who
>>feel ill at ease and as a consequence refrain from contributing to our
>>projects. The fact that so many men are sceptical about this, shows
>>either that they have not read the motivation, do not believe the
>>motivation but what it does not prove at all is that they are right.
>

> I've a problem understanding the way this thread is going on, but it
> could be 'cause of my english.
> Where are - on this list, of course - all these men sceptical about this issue?
> Personally, I'm not. I'm aware that people made jokes that often are
> not jokes, that are offensive. Believe me, I prooved that on my skin.
> What I've seen on this ML, it's a lot of people sceptical about *the
> ML*, or better: *about how this Wikichicks-l is gonna solve the
> problem*. I repeat my POV: self-segregation is not a way to solve
> anything. Speaking and discussing and confronting is a way to solve
> the problem. If this discussion is going to transform itself in a

For discussion taking place, there are two necessary steps:
1. People recognize the problem exists;
2. People want to look for solutions.

When the majority of men do not recognize the problem and dismiss the
issue as "women sensibility", then you need to create a place for women
to organize themselves. Sad, but true.

(...)
> Claudio

Regards,