[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:25:32 UTC 2006

Oldak Quill schreef:
> On 05/12/06, Anthere <Anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> But then, it is very much to the editors who feel very strongly a
>> specific need. Whether the need is to discuss gender issues, or whether
>> the need is to discuss between girls. Both are fine to me, but show
>> different needs.
>>

> A strong need among a particular group of contributors should not
> always result in their need being fulfilled. If the group is demanding
> something that is damaging to the community, it should be rejected out
> of hand - at least as an official project.
Hoi,
You are absolutely right that what is damaging to the community should
not be allowed. What you fail to do is show why and how the community is
damaged. It is far easier to show how our community will be strengthened
by the Wikichicks. Assumptions are the mother of all fuck-ups.

Also, it is not necessary to ask the community for anything. You should
have noticed that these ladies are quite capable organising what is
needed themselves. They do not need me or you to get a mailing list, a
chat channel, their own wiki. I would also suggest that it is not for
the community to agree or endorse. There is a need. What is perceived to
be needed has been organised and we, the community, have been informed.

Thanks,
     GerardM