[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sun Dec 3 00:36:56 UTC 2006

geni wrote:
> On 12/2/06, Darko Bulatovic <mail at itam.ws> wrote:
>
>> Because it those not exist any more.
>>

> Lanaguages take more than a handfull of years to die.
>

>> According to the constitution (your source ) Montenegro is part of SR
>> Yugoslavia. Do you claim that also? Please read draft for new constitution.
>>

> Is it written in english?

No but in last draft it was stated:

    C(lan 15(Jezik i pismo)- U Crnoj Gori u slu`benoj upotrebi je
crnogorski jezik.
    15. Language - In montenegro in official usage is Montenegrin language.

>> You could consider to stop telling me that language in which I talk
>> don't exist.
>>

> I'm not trying to claim that. I'm putting forward a position that you
> are useing the wrong name for it.

And I am putting forward the position that I have right to call my
language as I think, and that you have same right for yours. And if I
say that you don't have right to tell me that I call it with wrong name
and that you are using the wrong name.... To where this leads? To
separation? Divorce? No love? No happiness? No kids(any good)?

At least please respect right of people to call their language as they
think it is appropriate. If you have some evidence that show different
please share with me, and if it is just based on your impression, ok I
will not comment it again.

>> But not his politic which is sad.
>>

> Last I cheacked his part wasn't doing to well in elections.

But radicals are very busty this days.... try to read some about them...
I don't wish to talk anymore about politic I am not here because of
that. Let talk about Montenegrin language.

>> So you admit that Montenegrin language exist? I don't follow you here?
>>

> You claim half a million speakers. If we were to accept that
> Montenegrin does exist as a seperate language then at most it has
> little more than 150K speajkers. There is nowehere for half a million
> speakers to come from.

I sad that this matter affect half of million. In that number are
included speakers and listeners. And when new constitution comes this
number will be greatly different in both speakers and listeners. One
point here that last few decades showed very strange variations in data
about Montenegro.

Darko Bulatovic