[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Dec 2 18:07:23 UTC 2006

Sabine Cretella wrote:
> You don't find translators offering it on various translator's portals
> (I checked three of them). These portals do not even include Montenegrin
> in their language search. (http://proz.com, http://gotranslators.com,
> http://translatorscafe.com).

Sabin, this is joke? right? Please tell when it is a joke as i am not
very funny when this topic is subject. Those companies have limited
language translations. I hope that you don't suggest that they translate
to all languages of world?
> I am not going to forward my single contacts since they are not involved
> with the wikimedia foundation and your politics and therefore remain
> protected.
>
> Well ... could you tell me why http://sdl.com does not offer
> Montenegrin? and http://logos.it and http://e-kern.com?
>
> Oh come on ... it is enough about politics. You use a different script
> to Serbian ... that's all ... btw. the funniest thing I came through was
> just one request asking for a translator for Serbian that can understand
> the Montenegrin dialect ... so: only one request about the so-called
> Montenegrin language on so many translation portals.

But Sabin, you talk about politic, your statement is colored by politic.
Not mine. I am just wondered by this epilogue here.
> In which language are your instruction manuals for computers, fridges,
> tv-sets etc. are written if there are obviously no translators offering
> Montenegrin as a  language they translate to (hmmm ... strange ... are
> there no translators in Montenegro or are they just not offering the
> language, because otherwise they would not get any jobs because the
> language is not known in the world?).

mainly in English or Multilingual as France, Italian Russian, etc... In
99% there is no any of similar languages. That is not a wonder as
Montenegro is very small market. beside English I can use Croat, Bosnian
as even as Serbian. That is case as I was born in country (SFR
Yugoslavia) where we all learned unified language.
> A statement I got from a person that is neither Serbian nor Montenegrin,
> but interpreter (mind me interpreter, not translator) for that ONE
> language is that it is not even different enough in pronunciation to
> really create trouble to someone not being Serbian mothertongue to
> understand it - uhmmmmm ... . Mind me: we are talking about
> professionals who deal with languages every day, who make a living out
> of that.

That is very narrow research - one man is not enough. You didn't do much
effort on this topic but you did rush to make decision. Professionals
have limited area of work and they are specialized on some field not all.

Let him translate this:
Vidite li čudo, Crnogorci!
Prisuka sam pedeset godinah,
na Lovćen sam vazda ljetovao,
izlazio na ovu vršinu:
sto putah sam gledao oblake
đe iz mora dođu na gomile
i prekrile svu ovu planinu,
otisni se tamo ali tamo
s sijevanjem i s velikom jekom
i s lomljavom strašnijeh gromovah;
sto putah sam ovđena sjedio
i grija se mirno sprama sunca,
a pod sobom munje i gromove
gleda, sluša đeno cijepaju;
gleda jekom grada stravičnoga
đe s' poda mnom jalove oblaci,
al' ovoga čuda jošt ne viđeh!
Vidite li, ako boga znate,
koliko je mora i primorja,
ravne Bosne i Hercegovine,
Arbanije upravo do mora,
koliko je naše Gore Crne,
sve je oblak pritiska jednako,
svud se čuje jeka i grmljava,
svud ispod nas munje sijevaju,
a nas jedne samo sunce grije.
I dosta je dobro primarilo
ka je ovo brdo vazda hladno.

or this:
A cujes li kumim te kapicom kako avetaju ovizi ovudijena, lutkica je sad
pocela o bliskom istoku ovi kako u rvacku mogu posrat pre$ednika ,no o
temi nista !!!!!!!!!!!! Ja mnim e bi me strpali u ludnicu kad bi lanuo
nesto za Gorana Persona ,a kamoli da ga nazivam lopovom ubicom marlborom
itd itd ! No na TEMU kudj se djedose oni slini procenti % te citah
potonjijeh godina ???? jesuli uvidjeli momcici da propaganda
veljeserbska im je unistila drzavu i zivot ??? To mene interesuje !

Please force him to be honest here and not to use other dictionaries.
> Btw. in which language is the Operating System of your computer?
>
> So please: instead of going ahead creating unneccessary problems, help
> to find a way to integrate people on the Serbian wikipedia.
>
> Thank you for your co-operation!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Sabine

My operating system is in English.

Sabine please, let be honest here, I don't make problem, you make
problem and don't switch these here. You didn't do your work and this
level of discussion is not what I expected from member of language
committee. I have given a proof of (professional) company that do
translation from/to Montenegrin and you give me companies that don't?
What that mean?If I find translation company that don't translate to
Hindu that language don't exist?... You need to find alibi to clear your
self for not doing what you should? Or at least to ask for some facts
that will show more clearly this topic. Instead you jump into
conclusion. It is easier i know. But you denied my identity and identity
of my people,Denied our own language forcing-suggesting to use language
of different people.
You talked all time about politics. And now lets talk about politics
I know who I am and I know in which language I talk and you constantly
deny that. How should I feel about this?
You in this way support pro Miloshevic and national-chauvinism politic
from Belgrade which denied natural right to have his own identity to
anyone from former Yugoslavia. This is anti democratic and anti human.
This looks to me, sadly, like situation that happen on beginning of 90
when Serbs forced all to be under their national identity and because
this was all wars on Balkan. Your opinion seems to me that is under this
sort of propaganda.

Today when war is over and we know everything what happen and we did go
peacefully for our freedom, you make you self blind and you talk me
about working under Serbian wikipedia?

I hoped that this is not a case about you Lady. You seems don't know
that all nation are forced to go out from Yugoslavia because this kind
of "story".

It is ok by me I understand that you have some private business that you
need to spare more time but please don't justify your self by using this
kind of discussion(tv manuals, companies that don't use Montenegrin to
translate,OS ...)as this case affect one (half million) people and one
language.

I think that members of committee made this the problem as their
judgment was not based on fairness or truth. It is based on something
that they need to explain. I am waiting that explanation officially.

Thank you,
Darko Bulatovic

p.s. I have see that other write Sabin so I am sorry if I used this in
wrong way.