[Foundation-l] Montenegrin request for new language wikipedia

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Fri Dec 1 02:01:14 UTC 2006

On Montenegrin request for new wikipedia I found this resolution:

**This request has been rejected following discussion with the Special
projects language subcommittee
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special_projects_subcommittees/Languages>.
Wikis should not be split along political lines, and we encourage
Montenegrin editors to collaborate with Serbian editors in a single wiki
or, at the very least, to have Montenegrin pages alongside Serbian
pages. If political divisions make this difficult, please note that the
Wikimedia Foundation's goal is giving every single person free,
/unbiased/ access to the sum of all human knowledge, and not information
from individual political communities.**

I am asking members of Special projects language subcommittee to give
evidence that this request was driven by political lines. I am asking
for reference in past that committee has made same decision on same
situation. I am asking members of committee to give deeper guidelines to
us what should we do next in this situation.

Also wider explanation of this decision could be helpful.

Thank you,

Darko Bulatovic

President of IT Association of Montenegro

p.s. Sorry for wrong mail posting.