[Foundation-l] The Paypal donation notice is very distracting

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat Dec 16 19:02:41 UTC 2006

On 12/16/06, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> We'll be tweaking the notice a lot over the next few days, but it may,
> at times, get more "ugly" than you would like or even stay that way,
> depending on whether statistics indicate that it is necessary. The
> tiniest of notices is clearly not sufficient to raise the money we
> need. If you want to work without the notice, click the little
> [dismiss] link at the bottom right corner.
> --
> Peace & Love,
> Erik

I haven't seen anyone else ask this question, so I will go ahead. Is
there a pressing need for funds right now? Because if not I'm not
really clear on why we would do a fundraiser weeks before Christmas is
celebrated by so many of our would-be donors. I'm sure this has been
brought up, but could someone clarify it again?

Judson
[[:en:User:Cohesion]]