[Foundation-l] Introducing a new mailing list

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:09:16 UTC 2006

On 05/12/06, Matt R <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Credit where credit's due: thanks for your considered and thoughtful
> > Snow, and Tim Starling.
>
> So these all the people that agreed with you? And, by thinly-veiled
> implication, any other response was ill-considered and unthoughtful?

Sigh. No. Many other users, men and women, supported the concept and I
agree with them, but I didn't put their names here. Let me underline
now "thoughtful". I found these people's posts considered and
eloquent. Mailing lists in general could do with more of this. I
choose to highlight positive behaviour that I would like to encourage.
Sorry this is so objectionable.

 One potential product of WikiChix that I would like to
> read is a list of suggestions as to how WikiBlokes can act, or not act, in
> order to make Wikipedia more female-friendly.

This HOWTO Encourage Women in Linux is interesting reading, as a
starting point:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/index.html

regards,
Brianna