[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimania 2006 : general meeting & getting involved

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 18:00:51 UTC 2005

SJ wrote:
> On 10/27/05, Jean-Baptiste Soufron <jbsoufron at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I completely support your point of view. Especially when I think that we
>>will take decision that will engage the legal liability of the Foundation.
>>
>>It is necessary to play by the rules !
>

> I agree with this wholeheartedly.  The financial, legal, and even
> community implications should be considered for everything the
> Foundation does.  This need not be a barrier to people getting
> involved with community projects, or to finalizing a date for
> Wikimania.
>
> ++SJ

Okay, good, I see we are in agreement :-)

Now, legally speaking, I'd definitly prefer you take this page down for
now, until there is an agreement on the use of such a derivative.

http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/sj/pictures/viewer$1119

I also think that we must absolutely remember that we are not organising
a Wikimedia Foundation/Boston city event, but an event by Wikimedia
Foundation and taking place at Boston. There is a huge difference, and
any common logo should be agreed beforehand. This is both a legal and a
public relation issue Sj.

Ant