[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2006 : general meeting & getting involved

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:00:57 UTC 2005

Which tasks and efforts might be duplicated or wasted?  The purpose of
a meeting is to encourage discussion, so that people interested in
Wikimania can throw out ideas or volunteer to help organize the event.
 I don't see how anyone can know who would be coordinating the event,
or what it would involve, before these conversations have started.

Right now the larger problem seems to be the lack of public discussion
about Wikimania, replicated or otherwise.  July seems like a long way
away, but it isn't truly that far off.

--SJ

On 10/27/05, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> These are all very valid points. However, before we have a meeting, it
> would seem rather sensible for the board to decide who the organizing
> committee is. In that way, tasks will not be replicated, and efforts
> will not be wasted. Do we know who the coordinators for this event are?
>
> Danny

++SJ