[Foundation-l] To write a encyclopedia or to host a encyclopedia

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Oct 26 08:08:18 UTC 2005

Walter Vermeir wrote:
> Outsource the reading of the encyclopaedia. Keep Wikipedia out of the
> results of the search engines. Reduce drastically the traffic to
> Wikipedia. Keep Wikipedia only as the project to write the encyclopaedia.

I don't think you can seperate those. Doing minor edits is something I
do when I read an article. I go to Wikipedia both to read *and* to
write; seperating those would be disastrous. I think the number of minor
edits, and therefore the growth of quality, would plunge dramatically.

Gerrit.

--
Temperature in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden:
| Current temperature   05-10-26 09:59:57   -2.6 degrees Celsius ( 27.3F) |