[Foundation-l] Answers.com and Wikimedia Foundation to Form New Partnership

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sat Oct 22 16:11:43 UTC 2005

Fred Bauder wrote:

> If Wikipedia opinion was  strongly against them it would be strongly
> expressed.

Only if people actually know that something is happening; nobody can
object if they aren't aware of it.

Which isn't to say that I find this objectionable, but I do think these
sorts of things should be as well-known as possible with some feedback
solicited, so Wikipedians don't slowly discover something like this,
say, a year after the fact.  People probably have differing opinions on
what the proper level of involvement between Wikipedia and other groups
(especially companies) is, so some sort of consensus should be reached...

-Mark