[Foundation-l] 'Wikipedia in schools'

Cormac Lawler cormaggio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:51:52 UTC 2005

On 11/30/05, Sabine Cretella <sabine_cretella at yahoo.it> wrote:
> May I add my: I need something like that as well here? I'd like to
> involve the local scools in some way.
>
> Thanks, Sabine
>
> Domas Mituzas wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I really really need some big whitepapers on Wikipedia and other
> > wikimedia project usage in schools (pros, cons, aims, analysis,
> > possibilities).
> > Our aim is to build a big document and use it in governmental affairs.
> > If anyone has such papers prepared in major languages, let me know,
> > thanks!
> >
> > Domas

Hi,

in addition to Elisabeth's links above, and slightly more general, see
Jakob Voss (et. al's) Wiki Research Bibliography, which blows the meta
page out of the water (but which seems to be temporarily broken at the
moment):

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~voj/bibliography/index.php?action=frontNoMenu

You could also try some posts from the blogosphere:

http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2005/07/turning_wikiped.html
http://technorati.com/tag/wikipedia%20in%20the%20classroom

Cheers,
Cormac