[Foundation-l] Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:52:50 UTC 2005

Hoi,
When a Wikimedia incubator is a seperate project and has to get admins and
policies it seems to me something of a contradiction in terminis (I hope I
spelled that correctly :) ). When a project is to become seperately, then it
needs to find its own way, it needs to find its own policies and admins.

Why should we predetermine what they will be? Is it not enough that we
provide a space for such a project, a spave where it can do whatever ? When
Wikibooks IS the incubator, it is different as there are the Wikibooks
admins and the Wikibooks policies. My point is you either have the incubator
in Wikibooks or it is only the business of the people who make up an
incubator project what is done. Obviously withing the space that exists for
any Wikimedia Foundation project.

Thanks,
GerardM