[Foundation-l] Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Nov 17 15:49:14 UTC 2005

On 11/17/05, Robert Scott Horning <robert_horning at netzero.net> wrote:
> If concensus is to not use Wikibooks as the incubator project, fine,
> let's get rid of things like Wikiversity and Wikijunior from Wikibooks.
>  I'm just saying that we need to be consistant here on overall policies.
>  I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept to explain.

That's not really the way consensus works.  You don't just get rid of
something just because there's no consensus to keep it.

Anyway, I think there is a difference between Wikibooks being used as
an incubator project accidently and Wikibooks being used that way
intentionally.  Wikiversity and Wikijunior are really examples of the
former.

Of course, Wikipedia policy on new project creation is so twisted that
you can have something that nearly everyone wants to keep somewhere,
most people want to keep as a separate project, and yet no one is
willing to actually create the separate project.

Anthony