[Foundation-l] Re: Wikinews is giving out press credentials

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 19:05:33 UTC 2005

-- Any File <anysomefile at gmail.com> wrote:
> More precisely the credential is given by the same organization is
> given by who recruit the journalist. Since here the "journalist" is
> not recruit by the Board, there is no reason why it should the only
> one entitle to give out creential.

The journalists in this case are self-recruited, volunteer their time, and come
and go as they please. I also never said that the board should be in the
business of accrediting anybody. All I want is some high level oversight over
the existing community-run *process* of accreditation and for the board to give
anybody who successfully goes through that process the permission to use the
Wikimedia-owned marks and logos on their badges.

-- mav