[Foundation-l] Re: Wikinews is giving out press credentials

Any File anysomefile at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:46:52 UTC 2005

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:51:23 -0800 (PST)
> From: Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Wikinews is giving out press credentials

> Credentials are given by organizations - not by just some people on the
> Internet (which is all any Wikimedia project is by itself). Using that term -
> in the real world where it has a specific meaning - to describe that process is
> very misleading.

In normal newspapers also the emplyment status and the wages are given
by the organization
More precisely the credential is given by the same organization is
given by who recruit the journalist. Since here the "journalist" is
not recruit by the Board, there is no reason why it should the only
one entitle to give out creential.

In my Opinion what is misleading is the way normal journalist consider
themselves.

Why should journalist be treated in a different way of normal people
when asking for informations?

AnyFile