[Foundation-l] 2M articles

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue May 31 14:25:05 UTC 2005

Przykuta:
> What do you think about promotion Wiki in global media by send info
> about two millions Wikipedia articles? It (2M) will be perhaps first
> half of July or end of June. IMHO this promotion will be good before
> Wikimania 2005.

Wikimania should get a dedicated press release when we have finalized
the programme. We can mention the "2 million articles" number in that,
but it shouldn't be the focus. It seems unlikely that anyone who would
not care about Wikimania itself would care about yet another Wikipedia
milestone. The next Wikipedia-specific press release, in my opinion,
should be about peer review, perhaps when we put the validation tool in
operation.

Best,

Erik