[Foundation-l] Re: Wikiversity

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed May 11 21:21:36 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller wrote:

>> Isn't this enough to work on?
>
> Yes, for the time being. Our existing projects should stabilize before
> Wikisophia is launched. That doesn't mean we shouldn't think about it
> or work on grant applications and cooperations which will benefit all
> our projects.

Yes of course.  But in your original post on the matter you said, "I'd
like to announce my intention to move the relevant pages on Meta and
edit the summary to reflect the name change."  This kind of comment
announcing unilateral action is bound to rouse the community, and get
them it completely distracted on the issue of the name.  As much as I
support the continued use of "Wikiversity" I realize that if and when it
becomes a full fledged independent project it could do so with a
different name.  If your POV is that the new name should be "Wikisophia"
just keep using it in your messages.  If there is support for it others
will start using it too.  Presuming that it will be accepted is bound to
stir passions.

Ec