[Foundation-l] Only non-commercial re-use od Wiki content?

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Thu May 5 20:27:49 UTC 2005

Okay, that's settled.

http://pl.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Wsp%C3%B3%C5%82praca_z_innymi_serwisami

CC-BY was chosen, and that's final. If anyone has any objections, ask
them now, or it'll be too late.

No, just kidding, it won't be too late, but it's better to ask now ;).

On 5/5/05, Richard Holton <richholton at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it the case that, when someone posts content to Wikipedia, they
> are releasing it under GFDL, regardless of any other license they may
> also choose to release it under? So, even if the content in question
> were clearly labeled as CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, or even CC-BY-NC, it is also
> released under GFDL. With the exception of putting something into PD
> (or some other less restrictive license than GFDL), it just doesn't
> matter what other restrictions may be claimed, it is still released
> under GFDL. Excepting, of course, content posted without the knowledge
> or permission of the copyright holder.

Just don't forget we're discussing Wikinews right now, and that's far
away from GFDL.

--
Best regards,
Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki