[Foundation-l] Only non-commercial re-use od Wiki content?

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:36:14 UTC 2005

>  "After the consultation with Wikimedia lawyers I can inform you that
>  it is acceptable to import content to our Wiki under the licence
>  disallowing its commercial re-use,"

It might be legally acceptable, but I don't personally feel it is
acceptable from a policy point of view. The aim of Wikimedia is to
create and distribute free content. CC-BY-NC is not a free licence
since it can not be re-used commercially, unlike the rest of the
content in our projects.

If e-Polityka.pl have agreed to relicence their content as PD, then I
see no reason that we would not simply use it as PD content rather
than putting NC restrictions on it.

Angela