[Foundation-l] Re: [WikiNL-l] Fight spilling over into the ia.wikipedia

Sander Spek wikipedia at sander-s.net
Wed Mar 30 08:27:18 UTC 2005

Hi all,

* Gerard Meijssen:
> This user is the persona of a known anonymous vandal who has a
> history of using different IP-numbers.

...which could be his provider's policy, and cannot be used as a
charge against him.

> When he was banned for a week, he started with sockpupputs.

It is not proven the aliases were his. One of the aliases
posted on Wikipedia that he is not the 'troll', and the 'troll'
has always denied he had these sockpuppets.

> In the mean time one users tried to mediate, but made the
> mistake to identify to much with one party and not listening to
> the others.

Not one user. A mediating committee has been created, on the
initiative of this user. More people are part of this committee,
including myself.

This user might have identified too much with one party, but on
the other hand the other party did not really co-operate in the
mediation.

> It resulted in the discussion being moved to another wikipedia

Yes, the discussion turned into a chaos, and the person who
initiated the mediating committee created a space on another
wikipedia, where the mediating could take place without too much
interference of other users.

> For your information I am NOT involved in this quarrel.

But you did take a standpoint in the vote about a ban for the
'troll'.

(I tried only to make corrections, and to omit my personal
opinion.)

   Sander
   [[nl:Gebruiker:SanderSpek]]