[Foundation-l] Fight spilling over into the ia.wikipedia

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 06:47:21 UTC 2005

Hoi,

On the nl:wikipedia there is a controversy about a troll. This troll has
been blocked repeatedly for a period of an increasing length. This user
is the persona of a known anonymous vandal who has a history of using
different IP-numbers. When he was banned for a week, he started with
sockpupputs. His ban was extended to a month.

In the mean time one user tried to mediate, but made the mistake to
identify to much with one party and not listening to the others. The
discussions both in IRC and on the nl:wikipedia became increasingly
acrimonious. It resulted in the discussion being moved to another
wikipedia and in the mediator being blocked and kickbanned for insulting.

For your information I am NOT involved in this quarrel.

I have however a problem with the fact that a small wikipedia, the
ia:wikipedia (Interlingua) is abused by being the host for a quarrel of
another wikipedia. I think this is unacceptable. I would appreciate some
discussion about this and as much as I hate rules, I think if there must
be a rule to prevent this, so be it.

Thanks,
   GerardM