[Foundation-l] Re: Positive discrimination related to smaller communities and projects

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 15:55:37 UTC 2005

Amgine a écrit:
> In wikinews there has been an ongoing discussion regarding the
> unresponsiveness of the mediawiki team to issues considered critical to
> the project. This has now become a discussion regarding a fork of both
> hardware and software, and contributors are actively working toward
> doing so. I don't think this is the best choice, but it is beginning to
> look like the only choice.
>
> Amgine

I do not think finding hardware to host a project this size would be
very problematic in the short run, but who would take care of it ? And
mostly, if you think the current team is unresponsive to current
wikinews software needs, who do you think will take care of modifying
the MediaWiki software outside of the current team ? Is it perceived it
would be more efficient to have a software fork or even to use another
software ?

Incidently, though I often heard of some software features for the
wiktionary and species project, which features are necessary to wikinews
and where has this been discussed ?

Ant