[Foundation-l] german wikiquotes

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 27 08:45:30 UTC 2005

Hi

The board has received a mail concerning the german wikiquote.
The issue has been ongoing for ... a very long time now.... but to
summarize it,

''By the german law, every cite is normaly copyrighted.''

In the past, Erich Kästner allready claimed against people quoting him
with success. The only way out of this problem would be, to cite them
all in a context about every cite - in the moment we still have only
less then the half with an source, so this would also be impossible. I
dunno how much is the chance, to get claimed. Maybe someone is
translation the "Rechtsgutachten" from the german wikimedia e.V. for a
solution. (Quotes from poesie, books or small lyrics are high difficult,
quotes from Dieter Bohlen are less in trouble)''

This is reported by Michael Diederich.

Michael is wondering what to do, in particular since a german editor is
asking that the whole wikiquote be deleted.

Any suggestion to help on the topic ?

ant