[Foundation-l] London meet: Wikimedia UK discussion

VampWillow wikipedia at vampwillow.com
Sat Mar 26 20:57:54 UTC 2005

Was quite a fun way to spend an afternoon, wasn't it ;-)

> JDForrester has registered wikimedia.org.uk

:: notes that the referenced link for portal doesn't permit access ::

> that should get rubber-stamped by the Charity Commissioner.

There is *nothing* that will get rubber-stamped, but I shall try to make
something likely to produce a path of least resistance

> Oh, and our London readers might want to pop down to Maplin in

I went in the one opposite the pub; note that they aren't always WD (mine
is Hitachi). One couldn't choose manufacturer.

For the record, btw, I have now created myself a second ident on en:wp
under my 'real name' (well, personal name and initial of family name). I'm
not intending at the moment to switch idents, but it means that I can use
a WP ident that won't cause me problems in a 'public' sense.

vW