[Foundation-l] Re: [Wiktionary-l] Translations of Wikipedia, Wikimedia and Wiktionary

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Fri Mar 18 22:28:50 UTC 2005

Le Friday 18 March 2005 19:21, Ray Saintonge a écrit :
> Sabine Cretella wrote:
> > Hi Yann,
> >
> > I added Sicilian for Wikipedia and Wiktionary - but I have a problem
> > with Wikimedia ... shouldn't this remain the same for all languages
> > since it is the name of the foundation?
>
> This is a good point for legal reasons.

No, that's not the point.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca_cola

Look for the titles of the article in Japanese, Chinese, Hindi and Russian.
There ARE in the local script, even if Coca Cola is a trademark.
This is the same for every article of every language which is not written with
the Latin alphabet. BTW, there is also an article in Hebrew about Coca-Cola,
but no link from en.wikipedia.org.

> Ec

Regards,
Yann