[Foundation-l] OTRS (II)

sannse sannse at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 12:38:15 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:
> I think there is a major problem with the way OTRS seems to work.
>
> I say "seem" because I am not entirely sure it works the way I think it works. Here is the problem :
>
> Yesterday, an editor contacted me to ask me what my opinion was on one of his mail.
>
> "uh, which mail ?"

> So, I went to OTRS. I could not find the mail.
>
> After I was given the number of the ticket by the editor, I looked for the ticket, and got a rather bland message "you are not permitted to view this ticket".

In this situation, you should be able to see the message using search.
The link is on the left menu, and unless the board queue has a setting
different somewhere, you can see other people's mail there as well as
current and closed mail.  You can search on ticket number or text (the
writer's name for example) so it's usually not too difficult to find the
one you want.  To see all the recent mail in a queue, just select the
queue without adding any other search terms.

You may also be able to change owner at this way, either to replace it
in the main queue or to assign it to yourself (although, that might be
rather annoying for the current owner, depending on the situation and
why they locked it).  I can't remember whether I've tried changing owner
in this way, or only changed it on my own and open mails.

--sannse