[Foundation-l] Re: wikibreak

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 21:15:49 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge a écrit:
> Anthere wrote:

> I at least recognize that BOTH of us had your concerns in mind.  There
> is so much in your many posts to which I would like to reply.  They are
> usually very thoughtful (even if slightly prolix).  The problem is that
> they make me think so much that I never find time to reply.  It's much
> easier to respond to an idiot by making a sarcastic comment than to give
> due reflection to thoughtful essays.  So I put your messages aside while
> I deal with the mountain of other things in the hope that I will be able
> to appreciate the diamond that is left when the heap of dung (including
> spam from non-WP sources) has been removed.  The result has been that I
> now have postings from you in my things-to-reply-to box going as far
> back as June 2003.

This comment is adorable Ec. Thanks :-)
Just as Chris concerns is. Thanks as well.

> I can only hope that the timing of your life-affirming event will not
> conflict with the proposed events of August.  Although I would not
> consider my attendance to be a certainty until I have secured the plane
> ticket, I do look forward to meeting you.

Ah, very good point.
Let's see. Normally, plane is okay till 7 months pregnancy for long
flights, even 8 for short flights. Wikimania being early august, I think
it should be okay.
Train might be more secure from a physical point of view, but on the
other hand, once one is stuck in a possibly 8 hours trip, that might be
a bit problematic. Car is not a great idea, as it prevents moving, and
tends to increase contractions.
So, I would rather say that if all goes well, I will go.

To be more specific, I will add this. In France, pregnancy leave for 3rd
child is 6 months (2 before, 4 after). To which one may quite easily add
at least 2 weeks before and 4 after. According to this, and adding
holidays leftover, I could expect to stop working early august. Just in
time !

> En "Citadelle" CCXII on trouve, "...le gendarme, étant né pour cogner,
> s'étiole s'il manque d'aliments".  J'imagine bien ton dessin de
> l'endroit que tu a visité en Algérie, et des enfants qui sauront qu'un
> dessin d'un chapeau n'est pas toujours un dessin d'un chapeau.

Quand j'étais enfant, j'ai dévoré plusieurs fois les ouvrages de Frison
Roche, dont certains se passaient dans mon pays (Les Alpes), tels que
Premier de cordée, la grande crevasse. Plus tard, j'ai lu ses romans
sahariens, dont les fabuleux la piste oubliée, la montagne aux
écritures, l'appel du Hoggar... Frison Roche et St Exupéry ont su tous
deux porter un certain regard sur ce pays.

But the country they described is only part of what I could see.

Now, one image I will never forget is this one
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image%3ATurhaya2.jpg

This is how little developped areas integrate modern life while keeping
traditions. One of this man jobs is to keep borders. To prevent certain
goods to cross borders. Such as cigarets or alcohol or weapons. Another
of his jobs is to guide people in the desert, people with alcohol and
cigarets in luggage.

Look in the background. There may be a border. Or no border.
Do you see someone ? We never saw anyone, but many saw us.

Curious no ?