[Foundation-l] Steward elections

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 09:47:48 UTC 2005

>> This suggests to me the following rules
>> * candidates should have shown implication in
>> international matters, so we could possibly require
>> that the candidate has sysop status on meta.

>An interlingual interest sounds like a good
>requirement, but the way
>in which you want to implement it not. I would prefer
>candidates to
>state themselves the proof/indications for
>interlingual interest, and
>have those that are insufficiently interlingual
simply >voted down.

Okay, Waerth comment and yours are probably correct. I
was wrong on this.
I like the idea of stating indications of interlingual
interest. Plus, it might be interesting to get to know
people, and show those non involved how they could get
involved.

Good suggestion.

Note : I hope this is enough to vote down those non
involved. I was not very happy with a couple of
requests I received in the past few months. Some
people from rather isolated projects (not necessarily
small), which wanted to become stewards to be able to
desysop people in their communities. I fear this a bit
I must admit.

>> * Candidates should have at least 80% support
(neutral
>> not counted)

>Also specify a minimum number of votes, so that 2 in
>favor, 0 against
>does not count as 100%.

Okay, in previous elections, I can remember that
basically there were about 20 to 40 votes for those
approved. Roughly. We are slightly bigger. What about
40 being a requirement ?

>Apart from that, it would be good to have a minimum
>and maximum number
>of people elected, so that with less than (for
>example) 5 candidates
>with over 80% the 5 with highest support get elected,
>and with more
>than (for example) 12, only the 12 with highest
>support get elected.

I think we should not pick up people with 50% just
because there is a lot of opposition for all
candidates. So, I would rather support no minimum.
I am sure it will not happen anyway.

You are correct for the maximum. I propose 10.

So that means that if more than 10 people are over 80%
with at least 40 votes overall, the 10 with higher %
are chosen.

That will make a basic total of stewards between 8 and
18. Sounds good to me.

>>Instead of the lower bar, we could also specify that
>>Angela, you, me,
>>Looxix and Mav are automatically reelected, I guess.

>Andre Engels

Hmmm, in all honesty, I think those who are stewards,
are stewards and do not need reelection. But if the
community thinks we should redo entirely the election,
fine with me. I mostly wish that we do not pretend we
are 8 when some do nothing at all from day one. It is
just not efficient :-)

Opinions ?

ant