[Foundation-l] Q1 2005 Fund Drive was a phenomenal success

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 14:31:41 UTC 2005

--- Neil Harris <usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> That needed _improving_?

Off the top of my head; faster updates at least for PayPal data using some kind
of script (in development), launching more national chapters that have tax
exempt status (this seems to have greatly increased donations from Germany),
overall a more automated process (running this drive took me 6 to 8 hours per
day - which is not sustainable in our volunteer framework), development of
translatable interwiki templates that could be used to update
[[MediaWiki:Sitenotice]] on all wikis at once (doing this wiki by wiki is
*insane*), some improvements in the PayPal donation forms (such as a drop down
currency selection option instead of separate pages for each money type), and a
better way to keep the foundation wiki updated (having separate meta and
foundation wiki copies of the same pages is hard to deal with).

I'm sure there are other areas of improvement as well but so far I mostly see a
need for efficiency improvements and faster/better feedback to donors and the
community.

> Seriously, I can think of only one real
> improvement needed, which is the ability to give directly using credit
> cards, which I think would have further increased the rate and scope of
> donations -- but I believe you already have that task in hand.

Such a system is in development and almost certainly will be up for the next
fund drive.

> Congratulations on a job well done.

Thank you. :) Everybody who helped in this fund drive should proud.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)