[Foundation-l] Q1 2005 Fund Drive over

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 11:52:34 UTC 2005

--- Petr Kadlec <petr.kadlec at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I have a question: I always thought the fundraising pages on
> wikimediafoundation.org use templates so that they are kept
> synchronized all the time, without need for any per-page manual work.
> But if I take a look at those pages, each language version contains a
> different number in the status graph. I understand that it is a PITA
> to have to update each language version separately, but shouldn't it
> work automatically by a single update of a template page?

There are only two pages that got updated with each update; the detailed main
fund drive page and the progress bar graph (which is translated into many
different languages). I have noticed that cache is *badly* out of sync on the
foundation wiki - often edits I would make were not viewable by me until I
cleared my cache. That may be what you are seeing.

-- mav