[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Research Team logo [was: Getting started]

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:00:49 UTC 2005

Aphaia wrote:

>Hallo,
>
>On 6/21/05, Sj <2.718281828 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>You think *that's* problematic, I get confused just trying to think in
>>French...  I can only imagine what it's like being a tasty bunch of
>>flowers in a French field.  <champ champ>
>>

>Beauchamp?
>
>Anyway, it is temporal, ephemeral, not perpetual so seems to me
>harmful (quamquam nunc confesso maximus BJADONos ames ... eh, you've
>known already?), but Research t^Hnetwork logo seems a bit different.
>Honestly I can't figure an organisation which department or internal
>team has their own logos and don't use the organisation logo itself.
>Well, it would help to promote integrity among the member of network,
>but in my personal opinion not much to promote the entire project (I
>mean to Wikimedia projects), it would make each team island, not a
>part of continent in the worse case, and I convince no one doens't
>long for such end.
>
>Gruss,

Hoi,
This is such a summery topic this is.. Really.. As to logos, arms are
logos in a way, A country has its arms, its provinces have its arms, its
cities have its arms. There is no confusion and there has been none for
centuries.

I really enjoy the occasional change on the French wikipedia, it is fun.
I think it is good that projects have their own logo. Why begrudge the
research effort a logo it is as relevant as the project itself and it is
only an interesting subject when you consider the weather (hot in Europe)..

Nah, it is not really worth the electrons that push this message or it
is because of its amusement value. By the way I do think the research
effort will bear us fruit and therefore is relevant and important.

Thanks,
    GerardM