[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikimediafr-l] donations

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 20:03:19 UTC 2005

> From: Dean Rivando <deanrivando (at) yahoo . ca>
>
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to donate, but I will only do so if I receive a tax
> credit in
>  Canada. Can you please advise me whether you have charitable
> status with the
>  Canada Customs and Revenue Agency and whether donations made in
> Canada are
>  tax deductible.

Dean, give less. Use the difference to pay the tax. Tax in your
country is useful to help pay for infrastructure, defense, and
healthcare.

Say you wanted to give CAN$50. Give 40, use the other 10 to pay for
the tax. For you it's the same (still spending 50) and for wikipedia
it's better (40 instead of 0) :)

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell