[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Thu Feb 24 12:56:12 UTC 2005

>The desirability discussion presumably needs greater notice in the
>technical discussion. Many people (myself included) consider separation of
>technical methods of implementing a highly debatable policy decision from
>debate of the desirability of that policy decision to be artificial and
>disingenuous at best. Doing so appears to make the debatable social
>decision a fait accompli. Trying to send *all* criticism off to a separate
>article is also a favourite tool of POV warriors on en: and presumably
>elsewhere; possibly this is seen as reminiscent of that.

I conquer with David Gerard, he stated very eloquently how I feel on
this subject. Before even thinking about technical implication lets
first debate if we want it or not. As I understand it the developers
have been asked already to program this? How can that be if we didn't
even agree on such a feature in the first place.

Walter van Kalken