[Foundation-l] Conflict resolution on meta Wikimedia

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Wed Feb 23 18:12:09 UTC 2005

Gerard Meijssen wrote:

> So basically you provide me with THE argument to get rid of
> categories..

Well you're welcome to propose the idea. I won't be supporting it.

> pictures are not categorised

Right. Which planet are we on again?

> and we do not have software to prevent pictures from being seen.

That's right, while [[End-user image suppression]] is looking into
site-based software that will allow users to defer the seeing of
certain images.

I'll say it again and I'll say it a million times but you always ignore
me: self-censorship already takes place on Wikipedia due to some people
taking offence at certain images, such as the clitoris and
autofellatio. This scheme leaves it up to the user what they see and
don't see, the choice is theirs.

Christiaan