[Foundation-l] currency POV

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Feb 21 18:04:55 UTC 2005

I was being perfectly literal.  Of course now there are some malls that
cater to Canadian business, and the merchants in those malls would fall
in line with the mall's policy.  Apart from that, and a few others who
are a little more knowledgeable, rather than informing themselves of
exchange rates they tend to look at Canadian currency as some kind of
multicoloured play money.  Canadians quickly adapt and don't bother
trying to use Canadian currency there.

To say that ALL Canadian merchants accept US currency would be a little
absolute.  One can always find exceptions to a rule.  It should come as
no surprise that a British study a few years ago about jokes determined
that the most popular joke topic among Canadians was Americans. :-)

Of course too, New Zealander comments about Australians aren't always
kindly. ;-)

Ec