[Foundation-l] Re: wikinews requirement

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 07:27:02 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge a écrit:

> A common phenomenon that affects all projects.  Most of us like to
> contribute without being trapped on a merry-go-round of bickering.
>
>> This is more likely if key policies like NPOV are *not* translated. If
>> we can agree on which parts of our policies are not negotiable, we can
>> make sure that they are in place. One of these policies can even
>> include instructions on what to do if your wiki doesn't follow the
>> Wikimedia spirit (contact stewards etc.)
>>
> Maybe that would have prevented the total shutdown that is taking place
> on the japanese wiktionary.

By the way... Ec and the others... what do you think of the shutdown of
ja wiktionary ?

I am asking the question, because if I put in line

* shut down of wiktionary - after vote and decision by the japanese
community only. No opposition clearly voiced after the shut down.

* opening of wikinews - after decision by Erik, with 5 editors support
and against french community opinion - clear complaints after the opening.

* prospective opening of chinese wikinews - a poll made on meta show a
lack of clarity on whether the decision should be made 1) with 5 editors
or 2) with a global vote or 3) with a chinese vote

So, the least we can say, is that in terms of opening projects, or
closing projects, is that THERE IS NO CONSENSUS ON HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE :-)

Ant