[Foundation-l] Wikinews

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 13:42:25 UTC 2005

>Anthere,

>I am doing a news wire for the last 3 years.

I am glad to know we have journalists among us, they will help avoid the worse directions.

>I know the real pain
>behind that. We need a full desk to do news. Not like encyclopedia.

Agreed
I can perfectly well see the absolutely amazing force which could be behind a wikinews.
With a full desk, a united team, the impact of a wikinews will be huge.

But this could happen right now in english, possibly german. Possibly another language.
But it just do not make sense that we have a wikinews site with only 2 editors.
Even though they really try their best, they just can't manage.
And as Britty mentionned, it is important that each wikinews has a couple of people interested in building the committee, not taking care of news, just drafting policies, strengthening the project. Unfortunately, not every one likes doing this.
In the end, building a wikinews on 5 people... just makes little sense to me.

>If one person who is not taking the responsibility will destroy the
>aunthenticity of wikinews. If the people is ready then i am ready to
>contribute well with my desk.

I would be glad that you do so in arab.
But this community is probably not ready at all.

>Let us think from the top ......

What do you mean here George ?

>george

Ant